After listening to the podcast, reflect on these questions:
Regarding the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning,
- In what ways have you used or “done” the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning?
- How does SoTL impact your discipline?
- What ways might you incorporate SoTL into your departmental culture?
- How does your department value SoTL?
Regarding the "Coverage Model,"
- In what ways does your discipline use “content coverage” as a model for curricular and course design?
- In the podcast, David and Jen talk about a quotation from his article in which he and his co-author argue “ students must actively do history—not just learn it.” What does it mean to “do” your discipline? How do your students perform the moves of your discipline?
- In what ways do students “process deeply” the content of your courses?
- What role does meta-cognition (or student knowledge about their own learning) play in your course? How is it assessed or assigned?
Feel free to share your ideas, comments, and questions in the comments below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org